An artist with a singular background
Virginio VONA, is an atypical artist, at the crossroads of the worlds of comics, contemporary art and street art.
Since 2016, TERIA has been a patron of this talented artist by supporting him in his artistic projects. The latest and not the least, the edition of the third volume of his comic strip “FENICE” published in 2018. The edition of this work was entirely financed by TERIA.
Virginio Vona was born in 1969 in Rome. Deeply attached to his roots, it was in his hometown that he began to take his first steps in the artistic world. A lifelong passionate drawer, it was in the 1980s that his first works appeared: caricatures published in the sports and cultural magazine Intrepido in Turin.
After five years of studies at the Federico Cesi School of Graphic Design, two years at the Comics International School and two years at the San Giacomo Institute of Art, Virginio perfected his art in the design and production of trompe-l’oeil in Italy. In the 90s, he worked with the comic book publishing house Fenix and produced 3 volumes of comics – Demon Story.
In 2000, he settled in France in the Val d’Yerres, continuing his artistic activity as a 3D and 2D graphic designer and illustrator. It was during this period that he collaborated in the field of architecture and later as a painter and draftsman.
In 2008, he created the character of Fenice with Iah-Hel (Frédéric GAFFIAT), writer and scriptwriter. A comic strip that will be published in 3 volumes between 2010 and 2018.
Virginio Vona is a well-known painter and is listed on Artprice and his name appears in the Larousse des peintres.
In 2014, his paintings and comic strips will officially be included in the private and public collections of the Museum of the Centre International de Bande Dessinée d’Angoulême (CNBDI) and the Artothèque de Puteaux.
- October 2015 : Franco-Algerian Friendship Award for his entire artistic work
- December 2015: Member of the jury of the International Mediterranean Film Festival
- January 2016: Caillebotte medal of the city of Yerres
- January 2017: Candidate for the Alternative Comics Prize of the Angoulême Festival
- October 2017: Medal of the City of Rome
- January 2020: Medal of the City of Vigneux-sur-Seine
- Canvas, comic strips in the National Collections of the Angoulême Comic Book Museum.
- SNCF Paris Gare de Lyon, L’artothèque de Puteaux, Alger FIBDA, Brussels…
- École supérieure des géomètres et Topographes Les Mans
- Order of expert surveyors of Paris
- 2017 Opening of the work “Red November” in the RAID headquarters.
- Canvas, comic strips, drawings and sketches.
- April 2020 : KazoArt Art Gallery – Work created and intended for sale to benefit “Tous unis contre le virus” for the Fondation de France – #LArtContreLeVirus
- March 2020 : ” Covid-19 the titanic battle of Asclepios “ – Canvas about the Covid-19 outbreak – 210×114
- October 2018 : Donation of a work for children in Nepal to the association Donnez leurs des ailes France-Népal
- 2018: SpaceJunk Grenoble Fight against Breast Cancer – Work realized in mixed technique on printed canvas, 50cmx50cm realized as part of the Venus project.
- October 2017: Donation of a work for children in Nepal to the association Donnez leurs des ailes France-Népal
- May 2017: Exhibition and auction at Drouot’s and donation of a work for the association of Chief Raoni Metuktire
- November 2016: RAID – Artwork produced and donated to RAID Special Forces
- November 2016: Telethon – Liping realized and offered for an auction.
- 2017: SpaceJunk Grenoble Fight against Breast Cancer – Work realized in mixed technique on printed canvas, 50cmx50cm realized as part of the Venus project.
- September 2016: Italian Red Cross – 5 works offered for an auction to benefit the victims of the earthquake in Italy and organization of the gathering of artists for this cause in Crosne.
- September 2016: Narni Comics Festival Italy – Donation of two works for the benefit of the victims of the earthquake in Italy.
- July 2016: Civita di Bagnoreggio Comic Festival Italy – Donation of a comic strip with a live work Liping on canvas for immigrant children in Lampedusa – Italy.
- 2014 – 2015 :
- Telethon – Liping realized and offered for an auction.
- Association against violence against women – Liping realized and offered for an auction
- 2014 : Tour festival XL art d’art contemporain – Donation of a 200×200 canvas in Nepal.
”As an artist, TERIA's support is very decisive to accompany me on my artistic journey.Virginio VONAPainter & Comic book Author